Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why Hosting a Bouchercon is Cool



So a few things to present for a membership. First Ken Bruen is coming. It was looking unlikely but he moved hell and high waters and will be here for us this year.

I got an e-mail from an author today. I will not embarrass him but he’s new and registered via paypal today and he’s so excited. And that was such a great e-mail to read.

I have the program book in my hands (well actually to the right of my hands). I never got to see this early before.


It all seems so real now...


So, anyone else out there getting excited?

(and for the record, and to avoid unnecessary shuddering, I have already packed Jon's underwear)

ruth

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Me! Me! Me! I can't wait. And I'm off to Alaska afterwards (Baltimore IS on the way, after all). So my suitcases are going to be lighter on shoes than normal. On the plus side, I do have enough chocolate packed for 180 children in Alaska :o)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Ayo Onatade said...

Moi!! I am trying hard to keep the big grin off my face every time I walk past my suitcase.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:00:00 AM  
Blogger Jon The Crime Spree Guy said...

One week and we get on a plane.

Gone from the house for almost two weeks.

I'm already packed....

Thursday, September 25, 2008 8:12:00 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm so excited I keep wishing it was two weeks from now! I have my plane ticket, emailed my Bcon roomie, and all is set to go. Now if I can just come up with a couple hundred more bucks.....ah well, The Lord will provide....

I can't wait! And Ken emailed me to let me know he IS coming...and....HE'S THINKING ABOUT SLEUTHFEST!

Friday, September 26, 2008 7:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home