Friday, September 26, 2008

Another Short Story!!!

Hello Everyone,

Steve Hockensmith has given us a link to his Anthony Nominated Short Story DEAR DOCTOR WATSON, take the jump.


And from member V.M. more places to eat.


I spent 6 weeks in Baltimore this summer and would love to share some places to eat. The reading taking place over at the Johns Hopkins Barnes & Noble is right where I lived. The area has wonderful restaurants - Donna's, Tambers, and my favorite a block away on Charles Street the Baltimore Museum of art. The museum is free the restaurant is great.
The museum has the Cone collection which is the largest Matisse collection in the U.S. The two sisters were childhood friends with Gertrude Stein and they collected Picasso, Matisse and others.
No one has mentioned Little Italy in the Harbor, the neighborhood behind the National Aquarium. Great food.
Nancy Pelosi was born a Delassandro. Her father and grandfather were Balto. mayors.
The G&M restaurant (a stones throw away from the airport) has the BEST crabcakes I have ever had. Maryland crabcakes being backfin and almost no filler. Crabmeat, chopped parsely, a little grated bread, mayo, mustard and 1 egg. Refrigerate to get it to hold together before pan frying or baking. Obryicki's downtown is the traditional crab place. - "welcome to Balt'more Hon"

Obryicki's gets a vote from me. This Baltimore tradition still allows you to get down and dirty with your soft shells.

Ruth

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the link, Ruth! I hope folks like the story, but I don't think much of my chances, to be honest. The competition...yowza. I tried sending you a tiff file of the story, too, but I'm not sure if you got it. (My e-mails tend to get sent to people's spam folders, for some reason. I try not to think of that as some kind of commentary on me.) Just let me know if I need to send it again.

-Steve

Friday, September 26, 2008 11:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home