Monday, August 18, 2008

On The Road Again


So this afternoon we're on a plane to Baltimore,
The final pre Bouchercon walk through. I'm feeling a bit sad, realizing that there's only one more visit after this week's and knowing that it will probably be years before I visit again. Still, I'm glad you all will be sharing Baltimore with me. It's a wonderful city with many distinctive neighborhoods , diverse culture still available, and all the comforts of yuppiedom to be found. So I'm bringing my camera with and will try and take pictures for everyone. It's summer in Baltimore and the weathermen say sunny for all four days. So I hope we'll all get some great shots of Charm City to share with you..


The picture in today's blog is a shot of Baltimore after the 1904 fire which crippled the city .For a dab further of the City's history start here
I'm off to do the 101 things you do before taking a trip. Soon the cats see the suitcases and all hell will break out at our house.
Ruth

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the few buildings to survive the fire was the Continental Trust (now One Calvert Plaza) where Dashiell Hammett later worked for Pinkerton.

Monday, August 18, 2008 10:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home