Monday, August 04, 2008

The Monday Clean Up


I've a few memos I'd like to share with the membership. Just odds and ends.

*** author's and distinguished guests: about those author bios and photos. We've mailed, blogged and posted. We've e-mailed. The deadline is long past. If your bio and or photo has not been received by jon at crimespreemag dot com. tomorrow 12:00 p.m. central daylight time, you will not be included in the bio section of the program book.

If you're still on the fence about coming, I really hope you do. Every day I get registrations, fans who've never been before and are looking forward to it. Friends who I'd given up on but really should have known better (Hi Barry, I love you too, Chris). And the folks I've always wanted to but have never had the chance to meet. It's pretty cool getting my mail these days.

About those registration updates:
They're coming about twice a week now. Please don't panic if you register on Tuesday and aren't on the list Thursday. It may take up to a week.

As we move closer to the convention people are running into conflicting commitments. We totally understand, I even threatened to cancel a few weeks back when I found out one of my favorite entertainers will be coming to Milwaukee on Oct. 11th . We will honor all requests for refund until Sept. 1st. If you find after that date that you need to withdraw, let us know

For the two hundred + people who've offered to volunteer for this year's convention. Thanks for staying in touch if you have. And do not think you're off the hook if you haven't. We will be in touch as soon as the preliminary panel list is up on the web. We don't want you missing your favorites on their panels and already have a very nice grid set up so that once we've gotten started you should be able to pack your itinerary around shifts that work for you.

The music in my player right now is the Foo Fighters but I think it may be a Coltrane Evening. (too much information?)


Finally, I have to give a cyber hug to all of my guests of honor. It's your party and you've all been there for us; suggestions, encouragement & good will to spare. You've given me memories to last a lifetime already and we haven't even gathered in Baltimore yet.
Thankyou
Ruth

1 Comments:

Blogger Marjorie said...

Ruth,

Thanks to you and everyone there for all of the hard work.

Would you please consider posting a link on the home page to Larie R. King's B'con forum so that more people would know about it? We are a very friendly bunch and would welcome other members input.

Cut and paste the link:

http://www.laurierking.com/v
bulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Thanks,
Marjorie Tucker
(Fan and 1st time B'con attendee)

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home