Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ruth from Baltimore- Bouchercon 2008

Memories will return tomorrow.

Well that's it. This is the first trip to Baltimore where it's been a little chilly (high 50s) and a lot rainy. It's also the first time I've been to town when Laura Lippman was away. Coincidence?


You know what? I'm still having a great time. Cabs are inexpensive and available even in the rain and the hospitality of all in this city amazes me. After reading yesterday's
news I know Laura's having a pretty good time of it too.



So plans are forwarding for the big weekend in October. I received a head's up just this morning on two attractions I'd like to share. First, the Annual Fells Point Fun Festival will be held the weekend before Bouchercon this year. I know some of you are heading in on Sunday the 5th. By all means join Baltimore in one of its annual traditions. Do you want to celebrate The Wire while you're here? Beyond anything the programmers may have up their sleeves (and we know Jon and Judy have looong sleeves) Baltimore itself is celebrating Television's best show. The Baltimore Museum of Industry has an exhibit of artifacts from the show on display with plans to keep it until the end of the year.



This has been a great trip. I've seen friends and family and fallen a little more deeply in love with this city... So today we're off to scout again and tonight I'm meeting with potential volunteers. Tomorrow is an early start and home to Milwaukee. And Snow. Perhaps I'll pass Laura in the air.



And I have a question for all who are reading this blog..... a poll if you will. Do you want a seperate author's page? We'll tally responses until the end of the month.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No. Having an author's page (I assume for the blog)will have a feeling of "them" and "us". If you are thinking of an authors page for bio etc then yes.

Excellent blog. I have been logging on to it on a daily basis so I can read the up dates and build up my fix until I get to Baltimore.

Friday, March 21, 2008 6:32:00 AM  
Blogger Clea Simon said...

I'm with ayo - I like browsing whoever shows up.

Monday, March 24, 2008 4:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late, but so?
I like the mix of authors and others in the memory posts -- it's a true reflection of what Bouchercon is all about.

Monday, April 07, 2008 12:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home