Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday's Tale- A Bouchercon Memory


Carolyn Hart is known in the mystery community for both her grace and her wicked sense of humor. Gearing up for the release of DEATH WALKED IN: A DEATH ON DEMAND MYSTERY March 25th, today she's sharing a Bouchercon memory with us.

My greatest memories of Bouchercon are the London Bouchercon in 1990 in honor of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Agatha Christie. Nancy Pickard and I were roommates on the QEII as part of a traveling mystery skit en route to BCon and we had such fun. At the Anthony Awards presentation (as I recall it wasn't part of a dinner, rather an afternoon event in an auditorium, but I may misremember), Honeymoon with Murder won the Anthony for Best Paperback Original. Three previous year Something Wicked won the Anthony for Best Paperback Original. To win two years in a row seemed absolutely golden. I was thrilled both times and hugely grateful. I felt I'd received the best recommendations in the world to mystery readers. I am still hugely grateful.

See you tomorrow,
Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home